I absolutely love this smoothie, it is so energising and it is packed with lovely nutrients and antioxidants to keep our cells and hormones happy and healthy.
For this smoothie I’ve added some nice goods fats in the form of seeds, then Maca powder which is a superfood great for hormonal balance & energy, then we have our protein, and the yummy coconut water which is a good source of potassium. You will see I have added lemon juice and that’s because Vitamin C from lemon helps release a higher percentage of iron from pineapple and spinach.
- Pineapple chunks (half a cup)
- A handful of spinach leaves
- Half a banana
- The squeezed juice from half a lemon*
- 1 teaspoon of grounded flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon of seeds (sunflower or pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon Maca powder
- 2 tablespoons hemp protein (or the protein of your choice)
- Coconut water
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
I hope that you’ll like this recipe as much as I do.
Be happy and be healthy! x